Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade Andy to Browns for their #2 pick
(01-14-2016, 02:14 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I know I'm in the minority on this (heck, maybe I'm alone on this), but I don't think he did. At least not by as much as people think. The problem when people judge that trade is that they view it as a flop because Carson didn't lead them to the playoffs that year. Thing is, I'm sure Hue didn't push that trade with 1 year in mind. Who knows how things would've turned out had Oakland kept Hue and Carson? For that reason, I don't think Hue was an idiot to offer what he did. Look at Carson now. 

How much is 7+ years of stability at the QB position worth? I'd say a lot. That's probably what Hue envisioned when he made that trade. That post-season press conference is what made the trade look so bad in hindsight, because it basically punched Hue and (eventually) Carson's tickets out of town.
I think the Palmer trade is an oddity that is hard to properly value. I think the price the Raiders paid would have been a fair price for Carson Palmer the player if There hadn't been any weird circumstances. Carson refusing to play for the Bengals should have been worth a discount. I don't think they got one. Its a questionable move because they paid full market price in what should have been a fire sale, but they didn't necessarily overpay for the player they got.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trade Andy to Browns for their #2 pick - hitchopottimus - 01-14-2016, 04:14 PM