Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please make Doug Marrone our OC
Not sure why some hate Marrone so much. He has a good track record as an OC with the Saints. He had some success in his brief stint as HC of the Bills. I like him as a candidate. 

Now Zampese? Honestly, none of us can say anything either way. He has no track record as an OC, other than 1 year as OC for Northern Arizona U way back in 1995. Imo, we need some changes and tweaks with Hue in the division, but Zampese's background is in the Air Coryell system, which wouldn't work here.

As for Zampese's track record as QB coach, I think Palmer's Bengal career was a bit of a disappointment and Dalton didn't have a major breakthrough until Hue came along and Dalton was having regular visits with Tom House. If Zampese can keep it rolling while making some good tweaks, I'm okay with him. Certainly not the most thrilling candidate though, based on his track record.

Btw, how good of a candidate can Zampese be when the Bengals have passed him up twice for the Coordinator gig?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Please make Doug Marrone our OC - corpjet - 01-14-2016, 12:12 PM
RE: Please make Doug Marrone our OC - McC - 01-14-2016, 12:21 PM
RE: Please make Doug Marrone our OC - McC - 01-14-2016, 10:46 PM
RE: Please make Doug Marrone our OC - McC - 01-14-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: Please make Doug Marrone our OC - Shake n Blake - 01-14-2016, 06:16 PM
RE: Please make Doug Marrone our OC - McC - 01-14-2016, 06:18 PM