Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI.com's Peter King writes letter of caution to NFL players
(01-14-2016, 03:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have heard some talk about the rule that exists talking about landing with your weight on the QB as well. Honestly, I thought it was a good clean hit, I'm just tired of hearing about it all.

It gets clicks though, and that is all the NFL and a scab like King care about. More clicks = more $$$ from advertisers. Player safety is just a phrase they like to use to avoid loosing money in courts to retired players.

The NFL is the current version of Roman Gladiators, the combatants are just paid better. This type of game, just like the Patriots deflagate mess are wonderful for the NFL as a whole. They'll never admit that, but they love it. This creates a whole new subplot to keep people talking about the NFL instead of any other sport. 

People who want Burfict gone are going to be sadly let down. The NFL allows wife beaters to play, dog killers to play, rapist to play, murders to play, drug dealers to play, it's not about any moral high ground, it's about one thing only. Money. Regardless of franchise or fan belief, every team cares about one thing. Money, not you not me only how much support we show via $$$. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SI.com's Peter King writes letter of caution to NFL players - Murdock2420 - 01-14-2016, 06:45 PM