Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steeler's worried about threat
(01-15-2016, 10:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: I thought I made this clear:

I have no idea why they went to the 50 to celebrate.  The sideline would make more sense.  I suppose they were just celebrating a "big play".  And were very excited.

I'm not excusing them.  I'm answering your question as best I can as I am not them.   ThumbsUp

Dude......I've been involved in football for 33 years this summer, and I've NEVER seen anyone run to the 50 yardline to celebrate a TD, not even my big lineman ass on a returned fumble in jayvee football.  You ESPECIALLY don't go back a few yards away from an injured opponent and do it.  I've played.  You do that shit at midfield, you're showing up your competitor, and guess what happens when you do something like that on my home turf to boot?  Believe it or not, there are certain unspoken rules out there between those sidelines.

They felt Burfict celebrated after the hit on Bell (which, personally, I've never seen video evidence to corroborate that assertion, nor the spitting), and they went out there to one up him.  It's that simple.  Then, to carry on the hi jinks on the sidelines AFTER the TD was called back just further illustrates my point.  

I know we all like our teams and all, but let's get real here, the intent wasn't to celebrate a TD that had been called back.  Hell, I even called for Peko to be ejected, and have said that Burfict went for a shot on Brown....although I DO believe that he was aiming for a body shot, but Brown twisted into his path....aided by a shove from Chris Lewis-Harris.  I acknowledge the guy is rough.  I also acknowledge that the placement of the crown of the helmet to Bernard's chinstrap area looked eerily similar to the shots on Rivers and Huber.  What kind of tackling/blocking technique are they teaching up there?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Steeler's worried about threat - pally - 01-14-2016, 12:49 AM
RE: Steeler's worried about threat - CJD - 01-14-2016, 10:16 AM
RE: Steeler's worried about threat - McC - 01-14-2016, 07:19 PM
RE: Steeler's worried about threat - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-15-2016, 11:15 AM