Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troubling day to be a Bengals fan...
So what do we know after today?

The only touchdown Pittsburgh scored in that game, today the NFL says it shouldn't have been ruled a touchdown. We also learn Joey Porter was fined $10,000 - which obviously means there should have been a flag on the play that would've offset penalties on the Burfict hit. Frustration over that not being called led to another 15 yard penalty on Jones that wouldn't have happened if referees called the penalty the league admits with the fine they should've called. To make that $10,000 fine on Joey Porter that much more difficult to swallow... Adam Jones is fined $28,000? So much for coaches setting the example, I guess.

From all of this, I gather the NFL basically admits the wrong team has advanced in the playoffs due to referee negligence all over the place, and the only repercussions from this are that Burfict is suspended for 4 games, and is seen all around the country as the dirtiest player in football, and Adam Jones is fined more than twice the amount of the coach who set him off.

Well all of this is just great. As a Bengals fan, how am I supposed to process all of this. Instead of possibly going to the Super Bowl (maybe Andy would've been playing this week - who knows???) we get to watch the illegitimate Steelers instead. Well, thank you very much, NFL. That's marvelous!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Troubling day to be a Bengals fan... - West Union KennyG - 01-16-2016, 02:54 AM