Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI.com's Peter King writes letter of caution to NFL players
(01-16-2016, 12:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The fact of the matter is, Pitt is better at playing to the boundary of the rules, and occasionally going over them when it won't really hurt them. It's the way they've always been and it's part of the reason they get away with a lot; volume. 

Spearing someone in the face is dirty and it's dangerous for both players. Just because Shazier got off on a technicality (angles) doesn't mean he was in the right.

This is my problem with the situation.  Either you can hit somebody in the head, or you can't.  They are either concerned with player safety, or they aren't.  I don't want to hear about "establishing" this or that.  Either all headshots are illegal, or they are not.  They need to quit muddying the waters in a rule book that is already arbitrary and convoluted.  I don't think Shazier is a dirty player, and I don't think he was trying to injure Gio (just as I don't think Burfict was trying to injure AB).  The officiating in the NFL just lacks consistency, and it's maddening.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SI.com's Peter King writes letter of caution to NFL players - jason - 01-16-2016, 02:04 PM