Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI.com's Peter King writes letter of caution to NFL players
(01-16-2016, 02:04 PM)jason Wrote: This is my problem with the situation.  Either you can hit somebody in the head, or you can't.  They are either concerned with player safety, or they aren't.  I don't want to hear about "establishing" this or that.  Either all headshots are illegal, or they are not.  They need to quit muddying the waters in a rule book that is already arbitrary and convoluted.  I don't think Shazier is a dirty player, and I don't think he was trying to injure Gio (just as I don't think Burfict was trying to injure AB).  The officiating in the NFL just lacks consistency, and it's maddening.

Well that's not how the NFL works.  

O-linemen are not protected, RB's can lower their head when going through the line, a WR who has caught the ball and is running is safer to hit than one reaching high for a ball, a horse-collar tackle cannot be called on QB when they are in the pocket, etc.

That's why I joke that the NFL REALLY CARES when its obvious all they care about is not getting sued and losing money.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SI.com's Peter King writes letter of caution to NFL players - GMDino - 01-16-2016, 02:17 PM