Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis Flaw...He Lacks Control That Winners Need
We lost the game because Hill is too immature and fumbled the ball. There is no way a running back can allow that to happen in that situation. End of story.  Marvin screwed up by not using Burkhead or Peerman, neither of whom would have fumbled.

The officiating in the game was disgraceful. We got royally screwed on the Williams personal foul, the no call on DeCastro, the no call on Shazier, the no call on Porter. The NFL officials are the worst in professional sports and it is not even a close call.

They absolutely had an attitude about not calling fouls or  calling plays for Steelers that did not apply to Bengals.

There is no way any sane ref in real time could have seen that Bryant had control on his "TD." The right call on the field should have been no catch which they could have reversed on reply if he actually had had control. Promise you that would have been the call if AJ Green had made a similar catch. It is all about Steeler and Big Ben bias.

But we were also really stupid. What is the world is a vet like Peko doing running on to the field to harass a Steeler after we had just stopped a drive or under any circumstances? I mean honestly- WTF is he thinking. Burfict's hit not as bad as Shazier's but WTF is he thinking. The ball was way over Brown's head and he ad time to pull up. How can he not know that the officials are going to flag him because of his reputation.

WTF Adam Jones. I know Porter in on the field but you also have a rep. You cannot push the official.

I do blame this absolutely immature and undisciplined mind set- as well as Hill not being mature enough to hold the ball - on the coaching. None of this would happen on New England.

I honestly think that Marvin has acted selfishly in not resigning. It looks to me that the word is out that Gunther will be the next head coach and that the D coaches are leaving because there is no chance for advancement.

Marvin should have resigned and given someone else a chance. If he does not make the playoffs next year or if he does and loses the playoff game - there really is only so much the fan base can take.

I think we should be grateful that Bengals management has come a long way but no other team would keep a coach that has lost 7 consecutive playoff games - I don't care about the excuses or reasons.

How many does he need to lose - 8, 9 , 10 - 20.

At some point it is Marvin who has to step up and accept accountability. He has not done this.

Marvin should have been let go and some other leader given a chance with this group. Very bad judgment on Bengals management for not seeing this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis Flaw - hitchopottimus - 01-15-2016, 07:47 PM
RE: Marvin Lewis Flaw...He Lacks Control That Winners Need - bengals67 - 01-16-2016, 03:01 PM