Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
(06-15-2015, 01:05 PM)Benton Wrote: My daughter is 6. She hates to clean her room. I always give her an option – clean your room, get a prize (usually a Blizzard), or don't clean your room and don't get a pick on TV all weekend.

She doesn't watch much TV on weekends. I know she's not going to clean her room. I don't emphatically know, no, but I know like a parent knows my daughter is not going to clean her room. That doesn't stop me from throwing out option A, option B.

And He doesn't create evil beings. He creates life. Life chooses its own path, its own option A, option B. That's actually a big part of Christianity, accepting that your choices are your own and they lead you to where you end up.

Your analogy with your daughter is weak because you aren't an omnipotent all-knowing god.  If you had absolute knowledge of your daughter's actions before she made them it would be completely futile to provide her various options (you already know what she is going to do already).  I doubt you would allow her the option of leaving the house if you KNEW that the consequence would be death.  You'd probably lock her in her room to prevent it from happening.  

Moreover if God already knows the story of your life before you were even born to live it, then your only real "options" are to act precisely in the way he foresaw you acting.  You only have the illusion of "options".  It's like watching the Titanic and thinking the boat has the option to not hit an iceberg and sink.  

The all-knowing God renders the notion of "free-will" illogical.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered - WhoDeyWho - 06-15-2015, 01:27 PM