Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson wants to talk about discrimination against Christians, not gay people
(06-14-2015, 07:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: From what I have read Carson is an excellent doctor.  He just has some bad/crazy ideas about life in general that would make him an awful President.

Paul couldn't get board certified...so he created his own board and certified himself.   Rolleyes

(06-14-2015, 07:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually it wasn't the fact that Paul couldn't get certified (He actually passed the Board on his 1st attempt). He just disagreed with the Board giving older doctors a lifetime exemption and not requiring them to re-certify. 

(06-14-2015, 08:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sorry.  Not "couldn't"...although I never read where he passed the board...but "wouldn't" because he wanted special rights.

Again, odd. Rock On

Edit: I must admit TommC/Larry/bfine you are good at picking out one wrong word and making it appear the entire argument is wrong.

If there was an award for wanting each response worded perfectly so you could understand it I'd give it to you.

(06-14-2015, 08:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So disputing the claim that Rand Paul couldn't get certified is "picking out one wrong word" but not showing that the entire argument is wrong?

Kinda strict guidelines you have there. You could have just said 'Please don't refute anything I say".

(06-14-2015, 08:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: No, no...disputing "couldn't" (which I was wrong about) and "wouldn't" (which shows he did indeed form a board to certify himself).

You got one word right.

Congrats!

(06-15-2015, 01:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First you stated his motivation for creating the Board was because he couldn't pass the ABO

When shown that was wrong, you then changed his motivation “because he had to follow rules." He had already followed the rules. His concern was that older doctors never had to recertify.

I don't know about you, but it seems like a pretty good idea to me that someone messing with folk’s eyes are required to periodically prove they are still capable. Seems the ABO came around as well. I read on their Website that all certifications are only good for 3 years and must be renewed before they expire.

So everything in your original post and following posts is incorrect (has been refuted); except the fact that he created a board. One that was more stringent.

The fact that you think you did/are making "solid points" and folks are just focusing on "one word" is telling.

He took his ball and went off to create another board that required testing...and he passed the test...which he wrote.  

Wouldn't belong to the official board because he wanted testing and they offered testing...just not to everyone.  

Wouldn't.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson wants to talk about discrimination against Christians, not gay people - GMDino - 06-15-2015, 01:55 PM