Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
(06-15-2015, 01:05 PM)Benton Wrote: My daughter is 6. She hates to clean her room. I always give her an option – clean your room, get a prize (usually a Blizzard), or don't clean your room and don't get a pick on TV all weekend.

She doesn't watch much TV on weekends. I know she's not going to clean her room. I don't emphatically know, no, but I know like a parent knows my daughter is not going to clean her room. That doesn't stop me from throwing out option A, option B.

And He doesn't create evil beings. He creates life. Life chooses its own path, its own option A, option B. That's actually a big part of Christianity, accepting that your choices are your own and they lead you to where you end up.

Your daughter analogy doesnt address the point. The bible portrays god as omnipotent. It calls him the alpha and the omega....the beginning and the end. He knows all and sees all. You are not omnipotent. You do not know before your daughter chooses what choice she will make. A creator who already sees the beginning and the end does. So when god made Hitler, he already knew the choices Hitler would make....otherwise he was not truly an omnipotent god. Yet he chose to create that being anyway, knowing he would be condemned to hell. It just doesnt make any logical sense.

I dont want to hear about free will. That is irrelevant to the point. The point is that if god is truly all knowing, he is choosing to create those who he already knows will make the wrong choices. Its god's choice we're talking about here, not the human's choice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered - Beaker - 06-15-2015, 02:28 PM