Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pat's Statistics On Teen Births
Pat claims to know a lot about high school kids because he sees them in school, which is a controlled setting, even more-so for him since he's a teacher, and claims that teens are having less sex and there's less teen births because of national statistics.

Hearing from teens in Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati, as well as talking with parents, coaches, and younger adults who are closer to teens, I always disagreed but he laughed at me and pulled up statistics about national teen pregnancy rates being down as proof of him being right. This never seemed right to me because I'm a realist, so I decided to look further into the statistics and see why they seemed so off.

As it turns out, Maryland just has a low teenage pregnancy rate, being only one of ten states with a percentage lower than 20, and Kentucky has the 6th highest. Furthermore, since I present in Cincinnati a lot (probably even more-so than Northern Kentucky), I decided to look at the city's rates, and found out that, not only are they not dropping at a rate as high as Maryland (or other areas), Cincinnati's teen birth rates are actually ABOVE the national average.

So all of his bullshit about "oh, I spend so much time with them daily and they're so much better and these national statistics prove it," cannot be applied to all places and you can't take the things he posts at face value.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Pat's Statistics On Teen Births - BFritz21 - 01-17-2016, 12:31 PM