Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
(06-15-2015, 03:18 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You and God go to see a movie together. You haven't seen any previews or read any reviews, don't have any idea what the movie is about. The possibilities of what will happen in the movie are endless to you. God has already seen the movie, knows all the plot twists, has seen the ending and knows how everything turns out because he wrote, directed, produced, and starred in the movie. To God, there aren't any surprises because he knows what is going to happen because he has seen it before. No matter how many times you two watch the movie it is always the same because the characters always "choose" the same choices.

Which isn't the same and I think you're mixing metaphors. Or something.

In your instance, God is omnipotent. He knows what's happening because he made every character act that way.

Which is different than the belief that god is omniscient. In that instance, He knows what's going to happen because to Him it's already happened. The concept of time (linear) is irrelevant because it's all the same experience for Him.

So, to fit your example into what the terms actually mean, God and I go to a movie. He knows the ending because He's already seen it. He knows He doesn't like it, but goes with me because I wanted to. I make it halfway through and realize, I don't really like Reese Witherspoon, so I leave. He didn't make me leave, although He could (omnipotent) He allowed me to make up my mind for myself and stay or leave as I wanted. And He knew I would (omniscient).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered - Benton - 06-15-2015, 03:58 PM