Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for me to cheer for Palmer again
(01-17-2016, 06:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So I see. My bad.  Anyways, being a Bengals fan means you have to let slams against Mike Brown slide off your back.  25 years running, right?

I look at it like this.  I know it's probable going to be hot as hell here in July.  It just is what it is and no amount of me complaining about it will make it one degree cooler.

I don't need constant, and I mean constant, reminder of 25 years and all that.  Doesn't make it go away.  Whatever team of which you're a fan will come with a certain history.  You can't change it.  Words won't change it, for sure.  Billboards didn't change it, radio hosts, newspaper writers, no one can change it.

This is my philosophy, if you will allow me to quote myself.  It comes from one of my songs--

I might be wrong
I might be strange
I never mess with things
I can't change.

And I have always found that complaining about the inevitable is an utter waste of time.  And wishing pain for the bosses is wishing pain for us too, something which makes zero sense to me.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time for me to cheer for Palmer again - McC - 01-17-2016, 06:14 PM