Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why hasn't Paul Alexander been interviewed for HC?
(01-17-2016, 06:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: When the new coach (Marvin) came in, in 2003.  The team was coming off a 2-14 season and his offense had finished in the bottom half of the league.  I would have cleaned house and given Marvin full control over his staff.

The offense regressed in 2006, 2007, 2008.  Each year was worse than the last.  They were dead last in 2008.  Even with a backup QB I'm not sure I could forgive a last place finish in anything, for someone employed for 8 seasons.

And what about 2009?  The man was heading into year 10 and coming off a season in which he produced the 24th ranked offense.  How many OC's last anywhere for 10 years?  And if you find it, show me a few that were coming off 32nd and 24th ranked performances.

And the real kicker is sure didn't look they wanted to fire him after 2010 either.  They had the poor SOB out scouting the Senior bowl, weeks after most of the musical chairs of coaching options had taken place.  It appeared both dwindling ticket sales, collective outrage, and the Carson Palmer saga finally forced their hand.

I mean, the guy was a very big part of 10 different rosters that never won a single postseason game.  His offensive ranks in years 8-10 were as follows: 32, 24 and 20. 

Are you really going to argue that it would have been premature to fire him at any point before year 10?  Cuz I'd love to hear it.

Well I could see both arguments for keeping and letting him go.. he had success and failure.. so no easy answer for me...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why hasn't Paul Alexander been interviewed for HC? - Essex Johnson - 01-17-2016, 06:19 PM