Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pat's Statistics On Teen Births
(01-17-2016, 07:18 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: If Pat's argument was that kids are having less sex and there are less teen births (that's in your OP) then the fact that Cincinnati is currently above the national average is completely irrelevant. It does absolutely nothing to disprove Pat's statement that teen pregnancy and births are on a downward trend.

So no, you're not wrong, you're just talking about something else. 

Actually, Pat's argument was that I don't know what I'm talking about and my observations, information gathered from teachers, students, and coaches, along with my experiences of hearing students tell me were wrong because of the national statistics and because he spends a certain amount of hours individually with each student (which was mathematically impossible) that he knows how students around here are and that statistics are accepted for every area in the United States.

Cincinnati being above the national average is completely relevant because seeing how things in my area are is my reality, whereas Pat's theories about teens being overall better because of his observations can't be applied for everywhere because his state has a substantially lower rate than the rest of the country.

Maybe my area's rates are higher, but I was only speaking from my observations, whereas Pat was claiming that I was wrong about my area and Cincinnati because of national statistics.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Pat's Statistics On Teen Births - BFritz21 - 01-17-2016, 12:31 PM
RE: Pat's Statistics On Teen Births - BFritz21 - 01-18-2016, 02:25 AM