Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Showcases Bengals Tweets After Steelers Loss
(01-18-2016, 01:32 AM)samhain Wrote: The rivalry was nasty enough before last Saturday.  The hit on Gio/no call pushed it over the edge.  

I was at the game and I've never seen anything like it in my life.  Never seen that many people with that much focused rage at the same time.  It honestly could have been a lot worse.  Mob mentality is infectious and it certainly didn't dissipate.  It intensified, if anything.  

I don;t understand the league's stance on the hit.  Maybe it was legal, maybe not.  With all of the controversy surrounding head injuries and helmet-to-helmet hits, I think fans are conditioned to believe that the league banned them in any and all cases.  That was certainly my understanding.  Either way, that was the turning point.  If that play gets flagged, then I don't think it gets anywhere near the level it's on now.  

The league needs to be really careful with this shit.  They want to promote the hatred and rivalry, but it's getting to the point where it's not a joke.  Not only are the players at a greater risk when they're out there trying to maim each other, the fans are as well.  

It was massively irresponsible of them to schedule that game late Saturday.  Too much time to drink and nobody going to work the next day.  People were over served before they entered the building.  Just bad planning.  

If the animosity continues, people will get hurt, guaranteed.  There were lots of kids there, and it would be awful to see something happen to a young person in that environment.  Entirely possible though.  

The media league needs to stop pushing this narrative and find some way to cool it down before it gets worse.  It's NOT a friendly rivalry.  Hell if it gets much worse it'll be crips and bloods every time they play.

The media will not stop pushing this narrative.  In fact, they'll over-boil it to make it worse.  This is made for TV stuff and they love it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN Showcases Bengals Tweets After Steelers Loss - Daddy-O - 01-18-2016, 10:17 AM