Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why hasn't Paul Alexander been interviewed for HC?
(01-18-2016, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you should make that bet without educating yourself a little better.

Accoring to ProFootballReference.com here are the number of combined "seasons as a starter" by OGs taken in the draft since 2010.  The first column is the OGs taken in the first three rounds.  The second column is the number by OGs taken later in the draft.

2011............9.......6 (4 of which are Boling)

So if you remove Boling from the numbers, OGs taken in the first three rounds have accumulated 70 seasons as starters while players taken in the 4th round and later have 9.
I said if you were to average out the draft position that I would guess it would fall somewhere in rounds 3-5.  And I certainly could be wrong.  But explain to me why you're counting players drafted in rounds 1-3 as one group when my guess includes round 3.

If you were to do this you need to do with the first two rounds.  And why does it only go until 2010.  I'd guess that close to half the league's starting OL were drafted prior to this.  This seems to intentionally look at younger guys.

If I get time I may very well add them all up and provide you with an average, but that's asking a lot of time.  But what you posted makes absolutely no sense as a response.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why hasn't Paul Alexander been interviewed for HC? - Wes Mantooth - 01-18-2016, 03:48 PM