Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why hasn't Paul Alexander been interviewed for HC?
Alright,Fred, here you go. I ran the numbers on starting OG's, although I did just the AFC, as it's rather time consuming. FYI, for undrafted players I assigned a draft position of 272, which is basically the 16th pick of the 8th round. I figured this would be a fair representation. You could move this up or down (257 would be the top of the 8th) but it wouldn't change much average wise. (There were 3 of them.) I simply took the draft position from the two players atop ESPN's current depth charts:

Bengals - 55, 101
Browns - 35, 65
Ravens -60, 86
Steelers - 272, 24
Dolphins - 77, 67
Patriots - 272, 272
Bills - 81, 81
Jets - 25, 72
Jags - 45, 93
Colts - 59, 126
Titans - 51, 10
Texans -99, 76
Broncos - 79, 78
Chargers - 46, 11
Chiefs - 29, 200
Raiders - 81, 52

-The average draft positon for the starting guards in the AFC is (drumroll).....86.875. Which would have been the 23rd pick in the 3rd round last year (bottom of the round).

-Clint Boling was selected with the 101st pick. Only 14 picks later than the current average. (Not even a half of a round)

-Of the 32 starting guards in the AFC, 16 were selected in the 3rd round or later. (50%)

-7 of the 16 teams have an average draft position lower than that of the Bengals. (44%)

So I'm not sure what more you need, Fred. Is it really necessary for me to further embarrass you by doing the NFC?

Please, explain to all of us again why having a guy selected with the 101 pick is such an accomplishment? What is so special about that?

And like I always ask, if a team drafted nothing but 7th round guards would it still be impressive if the OL coach turned them into starters? I mean someone has to start, right? Would it not be better to, you know, just judge them on their play? Because everything I just wrote says that there is nothing all that unordinary about Clint Boling starting. And I would guess much of the desperate examples you hold in Paul's favor (Nate Livings, Evan Mathis) could be just as easily dismissed with a little research.

Oh well, at least I silenced this one. Please, move on to something else now.

PS: Deez
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why hasn't Paul Alexander been interviewed for HC? - Wes Mantooth - 01-19-2016, 01:01 AM