Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood
(01-19-2016, 01:35 AM)Vlad Wrote: Those backward practices and other are known as Sharia Law. Sharia law is practiced throughout most Middle Eastern Islamic states, so it is not silly to suggest that it does.

The countries in purple are countries where Sharia applies in full, covering personal status issues as well as criminal proceedings.
[Image: 2s7i8p1.png]

Women continue to be stoned to death in these countries.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/08/saudi-court-to-re-examine-stoning-sentence-of-sri-lankan-woman

The execution of gays.

Prejudice remains, both socially and legally, in much of the Islamic world against people who engage in homosexual acts. In Afghanistan, Brunei, Iran, Mauritania, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and Yemen, homosexual activity carries the death penalty

Countries where female genital mutilation is still practiced.

[Image: 9r7khl.png]

In addition to female genital mutilation, a large portion of Africans still live in grass huts and chuck spears, so yes its fair to say much of Africa is still primitive or backward.

So does all this mean I'm a racist too?

Being racist does not mean ignoring facts about groups of people.  It is only racist when you judge an individual from a group based on the actions of the group.

It is not racist to say that black people score lower on intelligence tests than white people.  But it is racist to say that "all" black people are stupid or that a specific individual must be stupid because he is black.

So there is a big difference between saying "There are savage elements of society in these countries" and "Everyone from these countries are savages".

even a liberal like myself will acknowledge that blacks as a group have certain problems in their culture that they have to correct", but I never make blanket statements that apply to every individual like "Black men don't raise their children" because I know more black men who are great fathers than have abandoned their children..

What Lucy does is make blanket statements about all Muslims oir all individuals from certain countries.  And that is racist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood - fredtoast - 01-19-2016, 03:14 AM