Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood
(01-19-2016, 01:35 AM)Vlad Wrote: Those backward practices and other are known as Sharia Law. Sharia law is practiced throughout most Middle Eastern Islamic states, so it is not silly to suggest that it does.

The countries in purple are countries where Sharia applies in full, covering personal status issues as well as criminal proceedings.
[Image: 2s7i8p1.png]

Women continue to be stoned to death in these countries.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/08/saudi-court-to-re-examine-stoning-sentence-of-sri-lankan-woman

The execution of gays.

Prejudice remains, both socially and legally, in much of the Islamic world against people who engage in homosexual acts. In Afghanistan, Brunei, Iran, Mauritania, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and Yemen, homosexual activity carries the death penalty

Countries where female genital mutilation is still practiced.

[Image: 9r7khl.png]

In addition to female genital mutilation, a large portion of Africans still live in grass huts and chuck spears, so yes its fair to say much of Africa is still primitive or backward.

So does all this mean I'm a racist too?

I didn't mention Sharia Law since its covers a broad spectrum of issues, most of which aren't controversial. If you want to just equate it with stoning gay people then go ahead. I'd say that's more ignorance than racism as you're making a broad generalization based on a lack of understanding (not to mention you're criticizing a religion). 

As for your conclusion on Africa, there are certainly places that are not developed. There are many places with backwards beliefs. However, a quick look at the data shows us only 14 of Africa's 54 nations have rated of 50% or higher. A third of those on your map have rates ranging from 1-15%. 28 of Africa's nations have laws against it. Egypt, one of the nations with the highest rates banned it 8 years ago and jailed the first doctor prosecuted

If this is marker, is have to reject the claim that all of Africa or even most, is "savage". 

Edit: if you're curious, Lucie's reasoning was that they keep killing eachother. He wasn't able to show that they're doing it in significant numbers compared to other regions and refused to answer if Europe was savage based on the casualties of WWI and WWII. You at least thought you had data to support your claim, so we can make the assumption it wasn't based on a general dislike of the people from those regions like Lucie's was.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood - BmorePat87 - 01-19-2016, 08:13 AM