Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
(06-15-2015, 09:28 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'm pressed for time so I need to keep it short.  You are born knowing you will die.  No choice.  God created Adam and Eve knowing they would fail.  Failure was the only outcome.  The future was fixed.  Predetermination, fate, destiny, etc.  God didn't ask them to choose.  He asked them for blind obedience.  How do you know the difference between good and evil?  Between right and wrong?  Your conscience.  Adam and Eve were created without a conscience that's why they didn't know the difference between good/evil/right/wrong/easy way/hard way.  They had no way of comprehending the serpent's deceit.  They didn't choose the hard way because they couldn't understand it was the hard way.

The knowledge of good and evil isn't the same as obedience. They were told what they could eat and they were told what not to eat and they were told what would happen if they did eat from one particular tree. As soon as they were told, while every tree was available to them, they had a choice. Obey or ignore. They chose to ignore even though they were warned exactly what would happen. God wouldn't tell them they would die without them having some concept of death. There's nothing logical about telling someone about death if they didn't know what it was. That's not the same as have knowledge of good and evil. Up to that point, it was only evil that they didn't know about. Didn't know about, as in, they had not experienced it. If they had never been exposed to evil, they would never have the ability to do "evil". As a side note, what's the opposite of live? Obviously, the answer is die. What's the literal, visual opposite of live?evil. *Rod Serling music* do do dodo do do dodo. Anyway... It's true your conscience was the result of the original sin. That's not to say they needed to experience something to know not to do it. They were told, explicitly, not to do it and why.

You say they had no way of comprehending the serpent's deceit. Who created them and everything around them? Not the serpent. He was created as well. Knowing the difference between the creator and the created...why would Eve still choose to eat the fruit after she was told not to, knowing the consequences, assuming she understood the concept of death? Because...free will. 

Quote:One of the reasons God expelled Adam and Eve was so they wouldn't eat from the Tree of Life and become immortal.  Genesis 3:22 I think.  Eve was surely going to die anyway.  Not right away.  Not at that moment.  But, eventually they were going to die whether they ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil or not.

They weren't allowed to eat of the Tree of Life because they ate from the ToK. Until that point, they were free to do so.

Quote:I assume Hindus believe similarly.  Or any believer in any religion.  What book is responsible for more death and suffering?

Religions excluded. Assuming the bible is a work of fiction, is what i meant.

P.S. I REALLY hate the way this is formatted, when trying to separate a quote. Constantly having to go back and remove or add quote tags...  :angry:

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered - rfaulk34 - 06-16-2015, 02:55 AM