Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis welcomes more experienced coaching staff
I'm loving it.

I love the fact that it says Marvin chose them because it says that Marvin picked who he wanted based on the type of team and style of play he wants to play. Mike said a long time ago that Marvin had the most control of any coach that's ever been here and people laughed at me for saying it, but now it's becoming obvious. I think it's a great model for Marvin to do all of this and take a GM out of the equation. Don't get me wrong because I'd still love a GM just to make things go smoother on the business side and be able to take care of all that once Marvin and the other coaches decide who they want, but the system isn't as bad as the media and everyone else portray it to be.

Another thing that excites me is Dalton seems eager and excited about working with Lazor, the new QB's coach, and they're already looking at the playbook, which makes me excited because Zampese already knows what Dalton can do well, and I have to think that he'll take input from Lazor to structure out the offense and game plans:

Quote:Dalton wasted no time coming in to greet Lazor Monday during his first day on the job at Paul Brown Stadium and the two spent a good chunk of the afternoon chatting over the playbook.

"That's a good sign," Lazor said of first impressions. "Eager. Excited. Into it. He walks in at the end of the season and wants to talk about the future and how things can get better and that makes it fun to come to work."

Sounds like Dalton knows that this team can make a deep run in the playoffs, which we should have had AT LEAST ONE WIN in the playoffs this year, but the refs bet on the Steelers.

I've heard people say that they're upset with all of these changes, but I think the new blood and new ideas will only help this team to take the next step, and it seems like the players (at least Dalton) are buying into it, also!

Let's get it started!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis welcomes more experienced coaching staff - BFritz21 - 01-19-2016, 07:44 PM