Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood
(01-19-2016, 07:25 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That assumes more abortions are performed than health services that keep pregnancies healthy. 

I trust you've done your homework.

(01-19-2016, 07:27 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: How would that change access to birth control?  If anything, wouldn't that make the disparity greater?

(01-19-2016, 07:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think he just wants more births in general, whether by stopping abortion or stopping contraceptive use. 

Then he can complain about government spending to help the single mothers who can't afford their kids.

(01-19-2016, 07:42 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: This is exactly where this conversation always ends up, but we never get any clarity around that piece.  Everytime we try to advance past this point, we're unable to have additional discussions about population control or income disparity.  We just get another thread, rehash and end up here once again. 

So why don't we just offer the poor birth control and health services without offering abortions.... Why do we need PP for that.... Health clinics can do the same thing without offering abortions on demand.

As far as population control .... Why do you think we need it? Maybe the problem isn't new births .... It's length of life. Maybe you would be more comfortable with a Logan's Run scenario?

You guys want to bring up gov money for single mothers..... Maybe we should start promoting families again .... 2 parent homes.

No one ever said stop birth control before pregnancy. Take all the pills you want.... use condoms.

But hey tell me all about your population control concerns? I don't mind discussing this at all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood - StLucieBengal - 01-19-2016, 08:11 PM