Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
For those of you who think the Bengals are victims
(01-20-2016, 02:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: While I seriously doubt that every play is scripted (that'd take far too much work and precision), I have wondered if the NFL tries to manipulate games through officiating. Not by sheer amount of penalties, but where and when the penalties occur. That said, ultimately I just feel like the officials are inept. There's too many rules and the NFL refuses to make them full-time employees (greed trumps integrity).

Priorities for this offseason should be figuring out what constitutes a catch, better ways for officials to handle games like Steelers/Bengals, and stiffer punishments for coaches who affect the game (Pittsburgh has a big problem with this). Btw, Tomlin was fined 100k for the tripping incident (that didn't wind up affecting the outcome of a reg season game), yet Porter was only fined 10k for clearly affecting a playoff game. WTF?

If a coach is affecting the game, i.e Tomlin, I personally think that should be an automatic ejection.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those of you who think the Bengals are victims - OrlandoBengal - 01-20-2016, 03:26 PM