Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood
(01-21-2016, 01:50 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Then PP doesn't need any subsidy. Even Medicaid . They have proven they make plenty of money already and can continue to make enough money to keep expanding .

Sometimes the most convenient location for healthcare that accepts Medicaid could be a PP clinic. By stripping them of Medicaid payments, you may have just made any reproductive healthcare inaccessible to a portion of the population because without it they may not be able to afford the services even with the sliding scale. The subsidies I could take or leave. Government funding efforts to make contraceptives more widely available and to educate the public on family planning and STD prevention is important, but I don't know how much money they get for that specifically. I do prefer NGOs to stay non-government, but grants are a reality with these things. It is wrong to pull funding from them, and only them, when there is no proven wrongdoing. Despite all of the videos, no actual investigation has turned up any violations.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood - Belsnickel - 01-21-2016, 08:43 AM