Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okeana 4 round draft - 1/21
Rnd 1 - Pck 24 - Jalen Ramsey / S / Florida State

[Image: img25366579.jpg]

This pick was hard for me because I like us drafting a OLB this year because its one of our weakest positions, but the front office has proven to draft with best player available and many mock simulators have him dropping because of team need.  This guy is an absolute stud with room for improvement and is a true athletic specimen.  He could also play corner and has a lot of versatility.  He can rotate in this year and learn from one of the leagues best in Reggie Nelson and be a long term solution to an aging position on the team.  I personally don't want to go back to the dark ages where Safety is an ignored position.

Honorable Mention:  I honestly think that Jalen will be taken before he gets to us and that most of these mock simulators will be wrong.  If he does I see Darron Lee as a surefire win at this pick and would be a great linebacker for the team.  

Rnd 2 - Pck 55 - Josh Doctson / WR / TCU

[Image: iS-rCwW2.jpg]

I know you guys are all screaming right now that we haven't drafted a DT or ILB/OLB at this point and im losing my mind.  I am going with best player available again and getting a guy who is an upgrade at receiver and could compete for a number 2 role on this team.  I think Sanu may stay on as a 3rd or 4th receiver, but he's to inconsistent and everything on tape tells me Josh Doctson is going to be a great receiver in the NFL.

Rnd 3 - Pick 87 - Sheldon Day / DT / Notre Dame

[Image: 149981-123326.jpg]

Ok so I'm not some college football guru and I only start evaluating players when this time of year rolls around, but I couldn't find a better replacement for Peko than Sheldon Day.  Great personality and character guy with tons of upside and his big knock is being injury prone.  At best you get a guy who plays like Aaron Donald and at worse you have a backup with leadership qualities.  My gut tells me that this guy will flourish in our system and really learn to be a pro from our veteran line.

Rnd 4 - Roberto Aguayo / K / Flordia State

[Image: NPDnzMlj.jpg]

That's right I took a kicker.  If this guy falls to us in round 4 I will be so happy because i'm tired of losing games off missed kicks.  Aguayo is a rare talent that can serve this team for a long time and give us the edge in the North where seasons are won and lost on a kick. The most accurate kicker in college football history "Mr Automatic" would be a great pickup for this team.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Okeana 4 round draft - 1/21 - Okeana - 01-21-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: Okeana 4 round draft - 1/21 - Synric - 01-22-2016, 07:06 PM
RE: Okeana 4 round draft - 1/21 - Okeana - 01-21-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: Okeana 4 round draft - 1/21 - BFritz21 - 01-21-2016, 07:39 PM
RE: Okeana 4 round draft - 1/21 - Okeana - 01-21-2016, 08:01 PM