Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood
(01-21-2016, 03:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First of all Thanks "seldom seen stand up act"

Secondly: I'm not sure if we have to read the mind of the female when we talk about the objectification of her (sexual or otherwise). I merely pointed out she put herself in a position to be objectified when she spread her thighs.

Being objectified is something done entirely by the person doing the objectifying. Now, if a woman presents herself as a receptacle for genetic material then she has objectified herself, but if their sexual partner sees them in that way without it being presented as such, then the woman has not objectified herself or put herself in a position to be so. I know this word gets thrown around a lot, and I do typically avoid using the 'isms' because they get overused, but it is a very sexist position to take that by just having sex a woman is placing herself in a position to be objectified. We should not be objectifying anyone for anything, let alone someone we are engaging in such an intimate act with. Because whether it is love or lust that brought us there, it is intimate.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood - Belsnickel - 01-21-2016, 03:42 PM