Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ways to get back at the NFL for their bias against the Bengals.
(01-22-2016, 11:03 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: OK, I'm going to make this real simple for you, because evidently something is too difficult for you to understand... all of those teams won championships, this team can't make it past the first round of the playoffs.  So when everyone says "win championships" as the best way to "get back at the NFL", that's what is being said.  I even said that the way Al Davis really "stuck it" to Pete Rozelle was by holding up multiple championship trophies.

Hell, look at Pittsburgh... they are celebrated, and get away with more things, because they win.  The fact that winning changes the narrative should really not be difficult to understand.  Should I just mark you down as one of the board members who has an over abundance of time on his hands and likes to argue?

It looks like I have to make it easier for you. 

All of the teams/owners I mentioned had issues and/or played Bad Boys  with their respected commissioners with the exception of Dallas BEFORE they won Championships!!!!!

You don't get back at a league if you win Championships and your team is Choir boy team for example the Spurs. You get back at the league if you a Bad Boy team like the Raiders, Pistons, Flyers, Yankees and THEN win a Championship. 

Some teams like the Patrick Ewing, Charles Oakley, Xavier McDaniel, Mason, etc led Knicks were Bad Boy teams that gave the league a bad name, but never won a Championship, same as the "House of Pain" Jerry Glanville's Oilers or Buddy Ryans "Body Bag" Eagles all teams that had character fined by the league but never won a Championship. 

Your logic is they win a Championship and then you can have character, my logic is have Character aka Jerry Tarkanian and UNLV

But nothing tells it like it is then the Miami Hurricanes of the 80'-90's...

[Image: 9780451215260_p0_v1_s192x300.jpg]

The NCAA hated both UNLV and Miami. UNLV and Miami did not win first and then showed "attitude" they had "attitude" first and put the Haters on notice.

We have ref's, the league and media who hate us or at least have bias against us when we play the media darling Steelers. I say screw them and play like the Oakland Raiders who gave the Steeler's fits during the 70's. 

Hopefully, you will understand this time. Character and then Championship aka "put up or shut up" makes your haters pissed more.

Again, let me spell it out for you slowly.

If we win a Championship with no character or attitude that would be nice, Heck that would be GREAT!!!!
The NFL would be happy as well.

However, if win a Championship with "attitude" via the Raiders, Pistons, UNLV, Miami Hurricanes, Mavericks[via Mark Cuban] etc the NFL will be less happy and that is the point of this thread Win a Championship and make the NFL cringe. Imagine Roger Godelle on the Grand stand of the SB handing off the MVP to Ray Rice or James Harrison or any of the people that upsets him. That is my point win, win, win but add some spice to it. Hope you understand. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9CeC3yrcG4

[video=YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9CeC3yrcG4[/video]

P.S. If you can't understand the following then forget it.

Imagine Hill does not fumble the ball at the end. Most people think that Burfict might have been the hero of the game. That said he would mostly likely be interviewed at the end of the game. That said, even though the Burfict/Brown incident would not have happened, Steeler fans would still be throwing stuff at their TV's. That would get the Steeler fans, officials , etc upset. 

That is exactly my point where a character gets the haters upset. If you can't understand now then too bad.  

[Image: Never_Get_To_Work.jpg?width=320&height=3...fit=bounds][Image: 39253807v1_225x225_Front_padToSquar.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 332604044v3_225x225_Front_padToSqua.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 127425106v7_225x225_Front_padToSqua.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 172708366v11_225x225_Front_padToSqu.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 284274321v11_225x225_Front_padToSqu.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 95512026v1_225x225_Front_padToSquar.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 120091941v8_225x225_Front_padToSqua.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 379909978v7_225x225_Front_padToSqua.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 94454330v7_225x225_Front_padToSquar.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 113830626v9_225x225_Front_padToSqua.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 70742170v22_225x225_Front_padToSqua.png?...fit=bounds][Image: lookitup.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 1z2pnb9.gif?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ways to get back at the NFL for their bias against the Bengals. - BengalYankee - 01-22-2016, 04:32 PM