Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals Don't Quit....That Is Their Best Attribute
(01-23-2016, 12:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) Taking pride in "not quitting" after a loss, especially a playoff loss, seems like such a loser's mentality. Save the moral victories for the high school kids, who are playing for free and need the life lessons.  In a league filled with billionaire owners and millionaire employees, the top 1% of "the 1%", it's results that matter and nothing else.

2.)  We were down two possessions in a playoff game (everything on the line, win or go home).  Exactly how many teams quit in that situation?  Seriously, are the many (if any at all) NFL teams that pack it in when only down two scores?  Now the Bills, when they were down 28-3 in the 2nd half, that's a little different.  A team coming back from two possessions happens pretty much every single week in this league.

I don't know, it sure seems to me like you guys are reaching for anything to applaud.  It's hard for me to take any pride from not quitting.  I think after 25 years we're due for a lot more than patting ourselves on the back for moral victories.  To each their own though.

Agree with most of this. 

Although it is about all anyone has at this point to keep them from quitting. Because as fans we are down more than 2 scores in playoff success. 

But many of these players can not be held responsible for all 25 years of this. Some of them were not even born 25 years ago.

Yet they do have to be held accountable for this meltdown and it was a bad one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Don't Quit....That Is Their Best Attribute - Go Cards - 01-23-2016, 12:43 PM