Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antwan Randel-El can't walk down stairs
They were compensated so they should have known better really sounds like some of you have been watching too many lawyer shows on the TEEVEE. Life really isn't so much whether you are compensated well or not and the money isn't the factor that makes for great decisions and the ability to see into the future. Suppose that instead of being well compensated and you weren't born with extraordinary athletic abilities instead you take whatever shit job is available and get exposed to chemicals that destroy the nervous system and cause a laundry list of cancers. But hey, you have a family to support so you're going to do whatever it takes to get by.
There are still plenty of places and occupations where once you've been injured so bad that you can no longer feed yourself you're stuck in shitzcreek for the rest of your miserable existence. In the case of Randall El he was compensated,but so what? You can have zillions of dollars, but if you can't walk, play with your kids or make love to your wife that money is meaningless.
I think about my dad. He's 87 and won't live much longer, blind with severe stenosis and his heart is in bad shape but he'll still buy a lottery ticket. He knows what the odds of winning are. Suppose he does win. Suppose overnight he becomes a billionaire. Chances are he will never live long enough to spend even a fraction of it so it is a completely meaningless win that he'll never enjoy. I don't see a hell of a lot of difference between being filthy rich and bedridden and being dirt poor and bedridden. The matresses can only be made so comfortable and after that it's just a bed.
So anyway..I buy his lottery ticket for him and make sure to tell the clerk to make sure it's a winner because he's 87.. if he did win I'd probably give the vast majority of it away anyway.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Antwan Randel-El can't walk down stairs - grampahol - 01-25-2016, 01:59 PM