Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
(06-16-2015, 03:23 PM)Ben Richards Wrote: Tell that to the massive amount of turds pointing to the bible whenever same sex marriage and other hot button topics arise.  

There's also a lot of folks who use the same book for arguing the opposite. The same can be said on just about any debate.

But I think (hope?) the number of people who take Genesis as literal is very, very small in the whole number of Christians.

(06-16-2015, 03:28 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: What good is punishment when you know it won't have any impact on your child's behavior? 

If God was the parent, he knows you are going to drive the car regardless and has already set up death as the punishment for doing it.

Consequently he is sentencing you to death before he even gives you the warning.  

That's the difference.  And that is what doesn't make any sense to me. 

Like I said earlier, I say things to my kids knowing it's a futile effort. I try anyway because I love them. Any parent who believes their kid is going to do everything they say — with or without a threat — is not logical. Kids are people. Smaller, but they think they know best. You just expect they're going to break your rules. You just have to hope the learn from them.

Which is pretty much what absolution is.

And, again, He isn't. He created everything. It's my choice whether or not to follow what He says. To take that further with my personal belief and not just what they say from a pulpit, like I've said before in this thread — everything happened at once. To you and I, we're somewhere in the middle because that's our perception of it. The universe began around 10 billion years, plus or minus a few billion. At some point it will stop. Linearly, we're in a very small dot along that timeline. I just don't think it's linear.

In other words, to Him, He created you at the same time as He created everything else. You making choices takes a hundred years, give or take, if you're lucky. To Him, that hundred years doesn't mean what it means to you, it's a different concept of time. And that's completerly a guess on my part.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered - Benton - 06-16-2015, 04:33 PM