Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam wins a playoff game and enters Super Bowl before we do under XXXX.
(01-25-2016, 03:27 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The whole Cam vs Dalton debate is a little ridiculous.

Obviously both guys have been great.

The difference is Cam is just a football player. Both are QBs, but Cam does things other players only wish they could do. It's like having a LB at the QB position.

Overall, I think Andy probably understands route concepts better and has a better feel for how to pass against certain looks, but Cam can make throws and run option plays that Andy (and other QBs) could only dream of doing.

I believe both guys will be the best QBs of their conferences in the near future.

So it can be stated like this. Andy is the better QB, but Cam is the better football player, does that make sense?

I don't get why anyone wants to compare him to Dalton.  I also don't have an issue with his college infractions either.  He has done great for Charlotte and especially for the kids.

However, he does have an ego.  I personally don't like the showboating.  This year he deserved it and I would have backed him if he only showboated this year.  However, he was showboating ever since coming into the league.  Kinda like Hill.  Last year, no issue with the TD celebrations.  This year?  I wanted him to stop.  He didn't earn the right to celebrate.

I am comparing him to Tebow.  Since they play very similar styles.  However the difference is that Cam has had a HC and scheme that allows him to play like Cam, instead of trying to force him to play like traditional QBs.

Think about this.  Manziel had 1 good drive against us and it was due to him playing his style.  Pettine, when asked, stated that he wants Manziel to stop playing Manziel style and learn to play Pettine style.

Guys like Cam, Wilson, Kaep, Tebow and Manziel, don't play the traditional QB.  They are like Ben R. and scramble and improvise.  Guys like Cam, Tebow and Wilson will run for the 1st down.  Guys like Kaep and Manziel and Ben will often throw to a WR that broke off his route.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cam wins a playoff game and enters Super Bowl before we do under XXXX. - Sovereign Nation - 01-25-2016, 04:37 PM