Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
Quote:Like I said earlier, I say things to my kids knowing it's a futile effort. I try anyway because I love them. Any parent who believes their kid is going to do everything they say — with or without a threat — is not logical. Kids are people. Smaller, but they think they know best. You just expect they're going to break your rules. You just have to hope the learn from them.

If you knew your kid was going to go to a party on a particular evening and overdose on heroine, would you do more than just tell them not to do drugs?

Something tells me you wouldn't settle for your "futile" words with that knowledge.  If indeed you would, what does that say about you as a parent?  What good would "hoping" do you when you are privy to knowledge that tells you exactly the danger that is about to befall your kid?  This is exactly the type of knowledge are "father" (God) supposedly has regarding us (his children).

Quote:Which is pretty much what absolution is.

What?  Drowning the world in a flood or hell?

Quote:And, again, He isn't. He created everything. It's my choice whether or not to follow what He says.

You think you have options, but you can only do what he has already witnessed before you even existed, so you really don't.  It's only an illusion.  Your life has already played out in his head.

Quote:To take that further with my personal belief and not just what they say from a pulpit, like I've said before in this thread — everything happened at once. To you and I, we're somewhere in the middle because that's our perception of it. The universe began around 10 billion years, plus or minus a few billion. At some point it will stop. Linearly, we're in a very small dot along that timeline. I just don't think it's linear.

No comment.

Quote:In other words, to Him, He created you at the same time as He created everything else. You making choices takes a hundred years, give or take, if you're lucky. To Him, that hundred years doesn't mean what it means to you, it's a different concept of time. And that's completerly a guess on my part.

No comment.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered - WhoDeyWho - 06-16-2015, 04:56 PM