Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam wins a playoff game and enters Super Bowl before we do under XXXX.
(01-25-2016, 04:26 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Seriously?  This is your take?  "His receivers are garbage"?

By your standards, Marvin Jones - Garbage.  Mo Sanu - Garbage.  AJ Green - overrated.

If you think Ginn isn't a good WR then your ability to assess talent is in question.

Miami - a terrible franchise that didn't know how to use him.  He is fast. He takes off the top of the defense.  Of course if you only send him deep with a QB that can't throw deep, his stats will reflect that. 

SF - another organization that didn't have a QB that could throw deep. 

AZ - didn't have Palmer to throw to him when he was there.

Ginn developed a reputation as a WR that "couldn't hold onto the ball" due to people listening to the media.  I can't tell you how many times this season, the analyst would say that he has a problem with dropped passes, only for him to make a great catch.  Any time he dropped a pass, you would hear them get ready to pile on that he drops passes, only for him to come back and make the catch.

Does he catch everything?  No, but find me a WR who does.  Does his speed give him an element that helps the Panthers?  Yep.  His ability to go deep means that the defenses have to account for him, because if they don't and he is Cam's primary target, you now have a guy completely wide open for Cam to throw to.

The fact that you think Funchess, a rookie WR, "looked like a bust" is very telling on how much you have bought into the Cam hype.

Stewart hasn't been as injured as you make him out to be.  Olsen is one of the top TEs in the league.

Want some proof that scheme is important to how a player performs?  Jimmy Graham, great in NO, not so great in Seattle.

Matt Cassell tore it up in NE when he covered for Brady - not so good elsewhere

Mike Wallace was good in Pittsburgh - hasn't wowed since leaving.

TJ Housh - was a favorite Bengal - then failed in Seattle and Baltimore.

I could go on.  I hope you get the point.

Going down with the ship, eh captain?  For the record, Ted Ginn is not a #1 WR, nor is he a #2 on any but the most decrepit WR corps.  Ginn has been a journeyman WR for a majority of his career, and retains roster spots primarily due to special teams value.  He's the classic situational deep threat with questionable mitts.  Draft position does not determine the depth chart.  J-Stew has  been hurt in parts or all of a majority of his seasons in the NFL.  Ankles, Achilles, knees, etc.  Everyone knows this.  Funchess was raw coming out of college, and did little.  Kelvin Benjamin didn't play a down.  
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cam wins a playoff game and enters Super Bowl before we do under XXXX. - t3r3e3 - 01-25-2016, 10:03 PM