Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict is my guy... piss off
I don't know why so many people think it has to be an either/or with Burfict.  For me it is possible to BOTH acknowledge that he is possibly the one most valuable player on our defense AND that he is way too out of control to the point that it hurts the team?

To me the Bengals have three true elite players (Green, Atkins, Burfict).  Dalton was elite this year, but I have to see another season from him before I elevate him to the level of "elite player".  No offense to Andy, but league history is full of guys that had one good season.  Green, Atkins, and Burfict have consistently played on an elite level for years.  Even though I think Green is just as good as Atkins and Burfict he is not missed as badly when he is out with injury.  the offense is not as good without Green, but it is still good.  But when either Atkins or Burfict are missing from the defense the whole unit suffers.  People talk a lot about Burficts "attitude, fire, aggression, emotions, leadership, etc, etc, stc"  but the fact is that he is so valuable because he keeps the entire defense organized on the field and makes tons of individual plays.  There are lots of other players in the league who can set the defense and make plays without living on the dirty edge.  Burfict would still be just as valuable to our defense if he cut out the dirty stuff.  And while I agree he draws more flags today because of his reputation, I say his earned his reputation.

Si I can say the "Burfict is my man", and still say he needs to grow up and get his head on straight.  I don't understand people who admire a person that can not control himself.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Burfict is my guy... piss off - BengalMike - 01-12-2016, 04:12 AM
RE: Burfict is my guy... piss off - Krumie - 01-12-2016, 04:59 AM
RE: Burfict is my guy... piss off - fredtoast - 01-26-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: Burfict is my guy... piss off - 3wt - 01-26-2016, 02:54 PM
RE: Burfict is my guy... piss off - TSwigZ - 01-26-2016, 03:08 PM
RE: Burfict is my guy... piss off - jj22 - 01-26-2016, 04:17 PM
RE: Burfict is my guy... piss off - Crowe - 01-26-2016, 08:29 PM
RE: Burfict is my guy... piss off - Utts - 01-27-2016, 03:05 PM