Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoff Carson Palmer looks worse than Playoff Andy
(01-25-2016, 03:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Goes to show that you can put a great team around him, give him excellent coaches and ownership, and he will still revert back to his old self, when the other team plays defense.

The mistakes that I saw Carson Palmer make, were the same things that I used to complain about when he was a Bengal.  As soon as he takes a shot, he starts making really bad decisions.  Like rushing throws, forcing the ball where it has no business going, leading to frustration, interceptions, fumbles.  Those were his faults when he was a Bengal, and still his lack of composure under pressure haunts him today.

I guess we can officially close the book on the idea that it was Cincinnati that was holding him back?

Not at all.  He played on some bad teams that absolutely screwed him.  Last year before he got hurt the cards were hands down the best team in the league and he was playing great.  This year they were rt there with the panthers all year then he played through an injured throwing hand to get the 2 seed and make the NFC title game.

Then he played a really bad title game and the rep he got for throwing picks on bad cincy and Oakland teams is of course gonna get dredged back up.

He wasn't the reason the Bengals were awful in 07 and 10, and he wasnt the reason Oakland stunk either.  He's just flat out a lot better than he gets credit for.

Balling out for the better part of the last three years now be damned.  The narrative must be maintained!!

It's a joke.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Playoff Carson Palmer looks worse than Playoff Andy - Savagehenry54 - 01-26-2016, 01:43 PM