Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like Marvin, Tomlin Needs To Be Criticized
(01-28-2016, 01:45 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Until this next semester, when he will be employed at Xavier, I presented to this professor at NKU's classes, and he always publishes articles and he's a great writer.  

He just published an article about why Tomlin needs to be criticized like Marvin is criticized when it comes to discipline of players and coaches, but we all know they won't be because they have rings, which trumps everything.

I love that he even points out how "experts" like Nantz and Simms are so far up the Steelers' asses that they're afraid to criticize them.

It's a beautiful article and it's what anyone that thinks logically about the Steelers thinks, too.

Horribly stupid article.  One big display of sour grapes.

I know all about the feel-good stories about how the Steelers overcame injuries all year just to find themselves back in the playoffs. I heard this enough from Jim Nantz and Phil Simms during the playoffs broadcast. Let’s just say I was less than amazed. This is the NFL. Injuries happen all the time.

Whats the point of this?  Not exclusive to the Steelers. Any team in the playoffs that had overcome injuries would have been recognized for it.

Still, the more I think about Tomlin, the more I think the same applies to him.

Yes, he kept telling himself this over and over, finally convincing himself.

Just like in Cincinnati, the Steelers have a reputation when it comes to play that is deemed “dirty” or “almost dirty.” No doubt they push the boundaries - they just get more calls. And just like Cincinnati, the Steelers embarrassed themselves in that playoff victory - their only saving grace was that they won.

The Steelers push the boundries , but the bengals are incapable of just pushing. They go well beyond when they try and act tough like the Steelers, and it backfired causing them to lose a playoff game they had won. I don't know of a Steeler that was embarrassed to win that game, but you better believe the bengals were of losing.

Allowing assistants to get tangled up with players twice in one game? Allowing the level of certain players’ anger to rise to out-of-control proportions without taking them off the field? Inexcusable.

Joey Porter and when Munchacks hand got tangled up in that bungles dreds? Nice pun there. Bet this brilliant writer didn't even notice it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Like Marvin, Tomlin Needs To Be Criticized - Vlad - 01-28-2016, 12:38 PM