Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like Marvin, Tomlin Needs To Be Criticized
(01-28-2016, 01:45 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Until this next semester, when he will be employed at Xavier, I presented to this professor at NKU's classes, and he always publishes articles and he's a great writer.  

He just published an article about why Tomlin needs to be criticized like Marvin is criticized when it comes to discipline of players and coaches, but we all know they won't be because they have rings, which trumps everything.

I love that he even points out how "experts" like Nantz and Simms are so far up the Steelers' asses that they're afraid to criticize them.

It's a beautiful article and it's what anyone that thinks logically about the Steelers thinks, too.

The Steelers were penalized more than the Bengals in that game. So, there's that.  

There were admittedly some issues with coaches in that game, but aside from Tomlin's own kickoff gaffe against the Ravens (which, like the instances with the other two coaches, happened only once), I can't think of any other issues with coaches in the other 150+ games that he has coached.  To accuse him of having no control over his coaches because of a few isolated incidents in a game with virtually unprecedented amounts of vitriol on both sides is absurd.  It is not logical, but rather is the result of getting caught up in the emotions of the moment.  The true test will be to see how many times this happens in the future, and there's been only one other game to judge that.  But that game, I might notes was incident-free. 

Is Tomlin beyond criticism, in this game or otherwise?  No.  In fact, if you ever looked at the comment sections of local media stories or went to any of the Steelers message boards, you'd have seen that Steeler fans are often among his greatest detractors, both for this game and in general.  

But it is obvious that this guy is a Bengal fan and is writing from that perspective.  Even smart people get butt-hurt.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Like Marvin, Tomlin Needs To Be Criticized - JS-Steelerfan - 01-28-2016, 12:56 PM