Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swedish asylum worker stabbed to death
(01-28-2016, 10:58 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Oh but it's ok for you to get technical on people about definitions of words or their use of pronouns, but not when it's used against you?
I seem to recall you correcting people about the proper age group that is associated to the use of the word pedophile.

teen·ag·er
a person aged from 13 to 19 years.

child

a young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority.

Massachusetts Legal age for marriage with parent consent is 12, NH is 13, TX is 14, everyone else is 15 and up, or in cases younger than that age has to be decided in court. 

However, you continually miss the point, we are not a perfect society, but as a whole, we are pretty much against child marriages and even early teenage marriages. It is not a normal part of our society. Our problem currently is that our laws are not setup to deal with "Forced Marriages", that was not something that happened with a high enough frequency in our past, so it was never really truly addressed thru laws and legislation. There has been more laws recently trying to address it and I'm sure there will be more coming.

I don't believe Matt's point was child marriage is a normal part of our society.  Matt's point is we aren't a perfect society and bad stuff happens here, too.  Acknowledging bad stuff happens here doesn't mean we condone the bad things others do over there.  People shouldn't judge an entire group based upon the actions of a some members within the group.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Swedish asylum worker stabbed to death - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 01-28-2016, 04:26 PM