Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History. Most underrated Bengal....among Bengal fans
(01-29-2016, 02:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW someone here is a John Copeland fan.  Is that you?

Probably not. I think he was a solid player, but I wasn't a huge fan or anything.

(01-29-2016, 02:32 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The point of all this is simple.  He joined and played on some truly awful teams.  Historic even.  He was misused.  And as soon as he situations started to improve he was hurt.  I think, given the right circumstances, he could have had a much, much better career.  I can only imagine the damage he could do running underneath routes in an offense like we have now, or on the Pats, or Packers, etc.  And for these reason I think Warrick is underrated by Bengals fans.  He was more than just another bust.

I almost threw Warrick on my list, but I was trying to shorten it a bit so I left a few off. I honestly think his career was about to take off before the injury (which is still kind of a mystery to me, but obviously it derailed his career). I'll never forget when Chad said "we need P-dub" during the 2004 season. Obviously Housh wound up filling that spot admirably, which eased the loss of Warrick, but Warrick was viewed as a big loss when he went down.

I don't view Warrick as a bust. We had historically bad QB play back then, and when we finally had stability at the QB spot, he only lasted 1 season, and that season was pretty dang good. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: History. Most underrated Bengal....among Bengal fans - Shake n Blake - 01-29-2016, 03:10 PM