Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
48.9% of Unions members work for the Government
Sociopathicsteelerf Wrote:Why do defense attorneys defend people they know to be guilty?  Answer, because that's their job.  

The primary right wing talking point.   Why wouldn't you allow for people to agree to dues being taken directly from their paycheck?

You don't really mean this.  You think you do but you don't.  Due to reciprocity any contract deals negotiated by the union have to be conferred on all workers.  If you allowed this not to be the case you'd be creating a bureaucratic morass in which you'd have to accurately track thousands of different deals; pay scales, vacation and sick days... pretty much everything for thousands of different employees.

I'm down with this, as soon as you extend this to all corporations as well.  Either allow only private individuals to donate or allow money to come from any entity.  This is the most blatantly obvious, and thus the most inane, of the right wing talking points to eliminate unions.  It's so blatantly one sided and hypocritical it cannot be logically defended.

There's your advocacy for freedom again.  Why federal and not state, county or city?  What's so evil about federal employees that you want them treated as second class citizens?

1. Fire bad workers . No need to protect them. Reward those who are doing it right

2. I think it's important that people have to knowingly pay the bill. They can pay quarterly or whatever. It also allows people to decide to stop being a part of the Union.

3. Possibly. But I think the employers would adjust and would reward those who did.

4. We agree on this .

5. We should have less federal jobs anyway. I would say no public employees could unionize but state and local workers are a little different

Messages In This Thread
RE: 48.9% of Unions members work for the Government - StLucieBengal - 01-30-2016, 02:40 PM