Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refugees Protect Woman From Sexual Harassment In Germany
(01-30-2016, 05:54 PM)McC Wrote: That's a damned lie.  We're the best thing going.  We're not perfect.  We're still a work in progress.  But we do progress.   And simple minds mistake a government for a people.  This place allows you to have your goofy agenda
about this country even as you are surrounded by and no doubt enjoying its bounties.  How can you beat that?

Why are so many people from all over the world beating the door down to get in here if we're so vile?

Our faults and weaknesses are human faults and weaknesses.  Our ethics, our mores are righteous.  We rise to the occasion, we are reliable, we believe in doing right.

The fact that there are wrong doers is not a weakness in America or what it stands for.  It's a weakness in the species.  Certain men chase, capture and then abuse or mismanage power.  Certain men refuse to abide by the rules.  That all goes back to the beginning of Man.  We didn't invent it.  But we have greatly improved on it.

I won't blame you for what Congress did or didn't do and you don't blame me for what the President did or didn't do.  The reality is, neither of us could a damned thing about it.  Maybe that's our biggest weakness--that, over the years, we allowed our government to get so beyond our control.  Can't change that now, though.

But you can't just damn a whole nation of people because of the snakes running the show.  That just seems like over simplified thinking.

Are you really Toby Keith ?
Sorry that's just who I seen/heard in my head, when I read it.
Tongue

Messages In This Thread
RE: Refugees Protect Woman From Sexual Harassment In Germany - Rotobeast - 01-30-2016, 10:33 PM