Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History. Most underrated Bengal....among Bengal fans
(01-31-2016, 11:47 AM)Beaker Wrote: He played for the Bengals in the 88 SB. Then was lost to the Raiders in the first round of Plan B free agency. He played on some decent raider teams to. He was lost because the Bengals took his loyalty for granted and did not protect him. I think he was pretty much universally touted as a top G in the league.

Yes, it's true he played on two Super Bowl teams, but those two seasons accounted for half the winning seasons for the team during his 11 year stint (1982 & 1986 being the other two).  The overall team record for '79-'89 was basically .500 (85-83).  I used Grimm specifically to point out that even though I don't feel that Grimm was a better player, the fact the Redskins were perennial contenders essentially his entire career there ('81-'91) is a key reason he's in the Hall outside the fact of course he was an excellent guard.  The only two non winning seasons the Redskins had during his tenure there was an 8-8 '81 and a 7-9 '88.  They went to four Super Bowls during that span, winning three.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: History. Most underrated Bengal....among Bengal fans - ElkValleyBengal - 02-01-2016, 02:57 AM