Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
48.9% of Unions members work for the Government
(01-29-2016, 12:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Locked in pay scale.   So a teacher who has 10 years expierence and has mailed it in and a teacher with 10 years expierence who stays on the cutting edge of their profession while showing progress within the classroom.....  They both get paid the same.

There is zero incentive to be the best.   Your pay is the same whether you just show up and watch movies or actually have in depth lessons.

I've been thinking about this line.

I take a lot of crap in my personal life because I have always said money isn't what motivates me.  I'd work for free if everyone else would not want paid for water and electricity and the like!   Smirk

So the "incentive" has always been to do a good job.  And to get better at my job.  And to contribute to the company doing better.  

What comes to me monetarily after that is nice, but not the incentive to me.  It is the feeling of a job well done.

Of course that might just be me.  I don't have the desire to be the richest or own the biggest house of best car.  I want my family to be comfortable and to be successful in their own right.

Back to unions:  I am no fan of them.  My dad (and the people he worked with) were screwed over during a labor dispute that was part union and part early 80's "greed is good" from the company he worked for.

But I understand the power of large numbers negotiating with the person holding the purse strings too.  As someone else said  earlier you can't have 100 people with 100 different contracts...it would be a logistic nightmare.  And given that greed is an incurable disease you can't just hope or pray that the company will treat everyone fairly.  Thus the need for negotiations on equal footing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 48.9% of Unions members work for the Government - GMDino - 02-01-2016, 09:48 AM