Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert under contract for one more season
(01-29-2016, 10:49 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Phillie just gave Ertz 5 yr 42 mil 21 mil guaranteed

Chiefs just gave Kelce 5 yr 47 mil 20 mil guaranteed

Good reference.  He will clearly come in somewhere between those two. 

Kelce was one of those I really wanted, but there were character issues at college that I think scared off the Bengals.  That being said, he has developed in to a very capable TE and he would likely be ranked in the top  of NFL TEs, and I think Eifert would likely fall in that category as well.

Personally, I try to sign him to an extension next year.  He is a cornerstone of this offense and was what many of us thought of as the "missing piece".  You could see a huge difference when he was not on the field.

It was nice to see Kroft get more opportunities (and even Uzomah) at year's end.  The TE position could be set for some time.

My big wish (still) is a vertical threat WR.  He doesn't have to be 6'3", but someone like Tyler Lockett or the Brown kid from the Cardinals.  They need someone that scares the crap out of opposing defenses deep.  

One other pat on the back was my idea a while back to sign Ted Ginn Jr.  I know he was a huge bust for a 10th overall selection, but I liked his special teams and deep speed.  The Panthers got a steal and developed a plan to use his talents the right way.  He still drops a lot of balls, but makes some huge downfield plays.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eifert under contract for one more season - SHRacerX - 02-02-2016, 10:16 AM