Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI report: Hillarys emails...worse than we thought
The thing that I think bothers me is that even if these emails went to her state.gov email address then that would have been a mishandling of classified information, the way I am given to understand it. Correct? Isn't classified information supposed to be only available through a more secure method and that even the general office email is not up to snuff on that? If this is the case, how many more classified emails are sitting on unsecured servers in our government, because I guarantee you that what we're talking about here is only a drop in the bucket.

I deal in sensitive data (not the same, I know) and state policy is that we aren't to even email SSNs because of these sorts of things. There are to be no SSNs or banking information on our computers, and so there is to be no emailing of this information. In order to share it, we have certain computers with increased security (mine being one) and we can share the documents on a secure network drive that only our computers with our logins active can access. But we are still not allowed to email this information from these computers because having the data on the computer itself is more vulnerable and the email server is not as tightened down.

So are these similar rules like this for classified information, and if so, shouldn't we really be taking a hard look at everyone's emails in government?

Messages In This Thread
RE: FBI report: Hillarys emails...worse than we thought - Belsnickel - 02-02-2016, 04:47 PM