Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI report: Hillarys emails...worse than we thought
(02-02-2016, 05:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: How does the assistant assume it will be on the same server if she sends it to a private email address? Isn't the whole thing stemming from Hillary not using her @state.gov email address and instead using a personal one on a private server? My other question is that are we certain the server for @state.gov emails is one that is secure? Would spillage occur even if it had been sent to her official email because of the security level of the email servers?

I'm asking genuinely, because as I said in my post, we don't email sensitive information for reasons like this. Obviously I am aware there are more secure email servers out there than what we have, but would the security level of the server for the @state.gov email addresses be at that level?

Because Hillary chose to use her personal email as her official email; in the example provided the assistant had no choice but to send it to her personal email. 

I am not a cyber-security expert, but I will say no spillage would have occurred if anything is sent and received on the same server. The only issue would be that you sent information to someone that did not have the permissions to read it.

I'm just a lowly HR Supervisor and I have all my official mail set to encrypt automatically.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: FBI report: Hillarys emails...worse than we thought - bfine32 - 02-02-2016, 05:21 PM