Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US military commander in Iraq and Syria rejects GOP pledges to 'carpet-bomb' Isis
(02-02-2016, 06:44 PM)McC Wrote: There's no contradiction.  It's painted as a religious war--Jihad--but it has gone so far beyond that.  It's an addiction to killing.  They attack in Africa, in Europe and in the United States.  And us leaving the region will not stop that.

An addiction to killing?  Then why aren't we just putting prozac in their wells?  Come on.  Does this 'addiction' get spread from generation to generation?  When during this thousands of years did it get medically diagnosed and who was the doctor?  Blindly making things up is what got us into this war and apparently its a great tactic to continue justifying our involvement.  Addiction.  Give me a break.

Quote:They will never call it off, no matter what we do.  In the Middle East, they have been killing for thousands of years.  It's what they do.  It most certainly predates us.

The lies and deception our current involvement are predicated on have been exposed, yet we're still over there putting our soldiers at risk and wasting VAST amounts of capital fighting something that as you say, predates us and will never stop.  Only thing keeping us there now is fear of what these poor desperate boogiemen will do to us if we leave.  Wonder who's espousing that lie and what their motive is?  

Quote:So what does that leave us?  To fight back.   The drones are an attempt to fight back without putting Americans at risk, for right or wrong.  We don't set out to kill civilians.  But if they die in the process, that's unfortunate but I'm not losing sleep over it.  They're not shedding a single tear for dead Americans or dead Frenchmen in a movie theater.  You can't really fight dogs with kid gloves.  You can't wallow in the mud but you have to get muddy sometimes.

I'm not accusing you of any sort of compassion, believe me.  What you're trying to avoid in this pseudo conversation is the fact that our military presence / insertion into their daily lives / killing of civilians (pick one, any one) only generates more extremism and animosity towards the US.

Quote:What is the killing?  Seriously?  And as long as they are killing us, it will always be our problem.  Keep kidding yourself that leaving the Middle east will make it stop.

So you think if we left the region tomorrow and got out of bed with Isreal, the same number of Americans would be 'killed' the next day?  Keep kidding yourself.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: US military commander in Iraq and Syria rejects GOP pledges to 'carpet-bomb' Isis - Vas Deferens - 02-02-2016, 07:07 PM