Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
82 shot, 14 fatalities, over the 4th of July weekend
(02-03-2016, 12:15 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The real point, which is never honestly addressed, is not gun control.  Most gun control targets long guns that are used in such a minuscule amount of crimes as to be almost statistically insignificant.  It's a lame, pandering, attempt to score points with frightened voters.  The real issue is the inane war on drugs.  The failed attempt to replicate the exact circumstances of prohibition, only with different substances and an identical result.  Every politician looking to promote themselves with their latest bullshit gun control legislation and every lobbyist attempting to curb them are only addressing a symptom of the disease.  Until we, as a nation, acknowledge that criminalizing most drugs only perpetuates violence and funnels money, by the truckload, into the black market this is all a bunch of pissing in the wind.  You could ban all guns tomorrow and it would do jack shit to the murder rate.  You could legalize all, I'd prefer most, drugs tomorrow and the murder rate would plummet.  

Keep fixating on the symptom kids, not the disease.

I'm all for legalizing certain drugs, like marijuana, but how would legalizing these certain drugs bring down the violent crime rate among inner city youths?

I would think that the crime rate would rise and more innocent people would die if you take a poor kids money away from them. They would then turn their attention towards the neighborhood rather than each other and their "Clients".

It's not like these poor kids are going to go out and find a job if their means of income is taken away especially when there are many good paying jobs out there to get.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 82 shot, 14 fatalities, over the 4th of July weekend - Nebuchadnezzar - 02-03-2016, 12:29 AM